What are the symptoms of trauma?
- Symptoms of a range of mental illness, i.e., anxiety, depression, personality disturbance
- Misuse of drugs, alcohol or prescription medication
- Difficulties in relationships, romantic relationships, friendships and/or professional relationships
- Difficulties with low self-esteem, general life dissatisfaction or lack of identity
What are examples of loss and trauma?
- Physical, sexual or emotional abuse
- Neglect including emotional neglect
- First or second generation migration and/or refugee
- Parent with alcoholism or mental illness
- Death or illness of a parent or family member
Treatment Help is available and engaging in psychological therapy is demonstrated to help reduce distress over time. At Seed Psychology, we have a range of psychologists who are skilled in the treatment of individuals with a history of trauma and concomitant mental illness. By Kelly Higginbotham, Clinical Psychologist at Seed Psychology