- Anxiety, depression and stress
- Social anxiety
- Emotional regulation
- Sleep difficulties including insomnia and circadian rhythm disorders
- Trauma and PTSD
- Psycho-oncology (helping people with the psychological challenges of cancer)
- Building self-esteem and confidence.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Schema informed therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy for Insomnia
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
My past experience has been in university clinic, community mental health (headspace) and public cancer hospital settings. I have worked with adolescents and adults with a wide range of mental health concerns from diverse socio-cultural backgrounds and identities. I have also conducted group therapy and mindfulness programs. I have a particular interest in helping people to develop kinder and more compassionate ways of relating to themselves, clarifying what is important to them and finding ways to be more present in their life.
How I will help you:
Initial sessions will focus on collaborating with you to develop your goals and build hope and trust. I work gently and compassionately to help you to recognise current patterns and ways of relating to yourself and others, shift unhelpful patterns and refocus on strengths. I recognise the importance of an open and accepting therapeutic relationship in creating change and work in a feedback-informed manner using evidence-based strategies.
My three favourite things:
- Sharing good food and conversation with friends and family
- Exploring new places (travel, nature, restaurants, galleries)
- Practicing yoga and mindfulness.