- Anxiety Issues (including social anxiety, specific phobias, panic disorder and GAD)
- Depressive Disorders
- ADHD and ASD related issues
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Bipolar Disorders
- Substance Use Issues
- Trauma and Stress related Issues
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Schema Therapy
- Polyvagal Based Approaches
- Mindfulness Based Approaches
- Somatic Based Approaches
I have been fortunate enough to have experience working with a wide variety of people including adolescents, older adults, members of the LGBTIQA+ community and people from CALD backgrounds and consider myself an ally to people from all walks of life.
I chose this line of work because I wanted to learn more about people and how they behave in general and then turn that in to helping people in a creative way. I’ve always been incredibly curious about people and love the idea of learning something new about someone and then hopefully turning that in to a compassionate and creative way we can work together towards helping them be the person they want to be in life.
How I will help you:
My biggest emphasis in your therapeutic journey is on us being a team. Together I hope to identify what kind of person you want to be at work, school, university, to the people around you and to yourself. Then our focus is on learning some skills and tools to help manage the difficult thoughts, feelings, sensations and situations that get in the way of you being the person that you want to be. I’m heavily focussed on feedback and want these sessions to be guided by you so that we can make the most of every session and you feel like each of these sessions is what you need and not just a cookie cutter approach. I also love using humour in session together to hopefully work towards disarming some of those difficult thoughts!
My three favourite things:
- I love spending time writing and recording music and am working on an album that every year I keep telling myself will come out the next year once it’s perfect.
- I love spending time watching and playing basketball and tennis and spending time at the gym.
- I’m a huge film, tv and music nerd. Ask me about something you’ve been watching or listening to and there’s a good chance I’ve probably heard of it!