- Reforming undesired habits
- Regulating emotions
- Crisis management
- Teaching interpersonal skills
- Acceptance and self-compassion.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Informed Practice
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Interpersonal Skills and Assertiveness Training
- Contingency Training
- Exposure Therapy.
I have extensive professional experience supporting people during times of distress, including work in: psychiatric in-patient units, crisis phone lines, counselling services, and adolescent mental health services.
Within my practice, I help adults and adolescents with a broad range of issues such as: managing fear/anxiety, regulating difficult emotions (e.g., shame or anger), improving mood in depression, reducing unwanted behaviours, navigating interpersonal situations, and building self-understanding and self-compassion.
How I will help you:
With the guiding tenets of acceptance and hope, I aim to provide a soft and welcoming space in which you can explore your thoughts and feelings, which you may not feel safe to express in other contexts. My goal is to foster hope and assist you in realising your goals.
My three favourite things:
- Riding, hiking, and climbing (exercise)
- Chit chat (being around others)
- Reading and writing (being alone).