- Anxiety, stress and depression treatment
- Trauma counselling
- Emotion regulation and anger management
- Substance abuse counselling
- Couples counselling.
- Mindfulness based therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR: a powerful technique for resolving the lingering effects of adverse events)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Schema Focused Therapy.
My background includes over twelve years of counselling experience, including working in a community drug and alcohol team and also in a mental health inpatient unit. I help adults and adolescents with a broad range of issues and clinical disorders, including trauma, bipolar disorder, drug and alcohol abuse, and men’s issues. I also enjoy working with couples.
How I will help you:
Underlying my treatment approach and our work together is a foundation of client-centred support, in tandem with motivational challenge and goal-setting. I aim to provide a nurturing space where you can feel safe to explore emotional challenges, as well as examining where you can build on your successes.
My three favourite things:
- Playing music with friends (trumpet and mandolin)