- Depression and anxiety treatment
- Stress and adjustment issues
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Grief and loss counselling
- Relationship difficulties
- Sport psychology and performance related issues
- I have a particular interest in identity issues including sexual identity and LGBTI related issues.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Psychodynamically informed approaches to treatment.
I have worked as a psychologist for more than thirteen years, helping adults and adolescents in a range of different settings including university, mental health, and as a psychologist in high-performance sport.
Whilst completing my doctorate, I worked with both recreational and elite athletes to help them boost their sporting performance. I am skilled at using high-performance psychological strategies and motivational strategies to help athletes perform at their best.
I previously worked at Monash University Counselling Services for nine years helping staff and students optimise their academic, psychological and emotional well being, and for several years in psychiatric rehabilitation services.
How I will help you:
I aim to create a warm, empathic and welcoming environment in session. We will work together to help you develop a deeper understanding of the difficulties in your life, and to explore ways of overcoming them in order to create a more meaningful life.
My three favourite things:
- Travel and exploring new places
- Exploring new eateries around Melbourne
- Avid table tennis player