- Anxiety, Depression and Stress Management
- Working with Young Adults (impulse control, distress tolerance, confidence/social anxiety issues)
- Emotion regulation skills (strategies to manage distress)
- Self-esteem building
- Self-awareness and self-discovery
- Life transition and adjustment issues
- Identity difficulties, religious issues
- Substance use problems
- Work and study stress
- Working with clients from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-based Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Client-focussed, strengths-based approach.
I have worked as a psychologist in a range of different settings, including clinics, hospitals (in-patient and out-patient settings) and schools. My diverse work experience has allowed me to develop my clinical skills working with adults in the areas of trauma, substance abuse, depression/anxiety and emotional regulation. I am very passionate about working with people to help them find meaning and purpose in their lives.
I can speak Arabic at a conversational level and although I do not provide therapy in this language, this provides me with a greater ability to connect with clients from middle-eastern cultures.
How I will help you:
The most important aspect of my work is to build a strong therapeutic relationship with you. I approach therapy from an authentic perspective, where we can have open, honest and reflective dialogue about the issues that you are facing. I have a warm, empathetic and non-judgmental approach to therapy. My core focus is to help you better manage the challenges in your life.
My three favourite things:
- Birds! I love my pet lorikeet, Gumnut
- Enjoying the fantastic food culture in Melbourne
- Adventures with friends and family.