- Anxiety, stress and depression treatment
- Treating children and adolescents (adults as well)
- Working with complex family-of-origin issues
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Trauma and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) counselling.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based therapies
- Schema Therapy.
Since completing my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology I have worked as a psychologist in hospitals, at schools, and in private practice. I am experienced in working with all age groups and work with a number of issues including trauma, low self-esteem, personality issues and disordered eating.
I gained extensive experience in adolescent counselling whilst completing my doctorate, where I conducted research into the best-practice treatment of anxiety. I am particularly skilled and interested in the treatment of adolescents and young adults to help build skills and cope with the demands associated with moving in to adulthood.
How I will help you:
My focus is to create a relaxed, empathic and warm environment in session. I will work closely with you to gain a better understanding of yourself and the issues you are facing, in order to help you move past periods of distress. My goal is to help you make a positive and lasting change in your life.
My three favourite things:
- Music – particularly music festivals around Melbourne
- Staying fit and active – whether it’s kicking the footy, swinging a racquet or riding my bike.