- Anxiety, panic disorders
- Grief and complicated grief reactions
- Stress management
- Relationship difficulties
- Managing life transitions
- Mental health issues in older adults.
My therapeutic interventions are drawn from a range of different approaches including:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Psychodynamic theory and practice.
I am a clinical psychologist with 40 years of experience assisting adults to understand and overcome their mental health challenges. I have worked in all areas of mental health practice, both public and private. I undertook my training as a clinical psychologist in Germany prior to moving to Australia. I am familiar with the migrant experience as well as the challenges of the third trimester of the life span.
I am fluent in the German language. I am fully registered with APHRA and I am a member of the Clinical College of the Australian Psychological Society.
How I will help you:
You will be welcomed into a friendly, compassionate, non-judgmental and professional atmosphere. We will work together to help you overcome obstacles, and to create a more contented and meaningful life. From the information provided by you about your current situation and background history, we will gain understanding about the causative and maintaining factors of your difficulties, and develop an individually-tailored treatment plan.
My three favourite things:
- Listening to wide variety of music preferably associated with dancing
- Reading – my favourites are biographies and historical novels
- Being out in nature – whether it be walking in the bush or swimming at the beach.